Mission of Estonian Orthopaedic Society (EOS) [Eesti Traumatoloogide Ortopeedide Selts ETOS]
The mission of members of EOS is to provide the highest quality of musculoskeletal patient care, teaching and research, with a dedication to service.
In order to achieve this the following is undertaken:
- To organise annual meetings, three annual congresses of Estonia and international meetings for better musculosceletal teaching and research.
- To be active member of NOF.
- The goal is to harmonize service ultimately with EU standards.
- Organizing NOF 56. Congress in Tallinn, Estonia.
The Estonian Orthopaedic Society has 138 members, (5 honorary members).
- 26.02.1970 section of traumatology and orthopaedics near Estonian Surgical Society
- 10.12.1975 founding the Estonian Traumatology and Orthopaedic Society
- 26.11.1993 new statutes of the Estonian Orthopaedic Society of independent Estonian Republic
- 11.06.2008 full member of the Nordic Orthopaedic Federation
The Board consists of 7 EOS members: president Aare Märtson, vice president Andres Kööp, secretary Armin Heiman, treasurer Katre Maasalu, members at large: Toomas Tein, Madis Rahu, Maksim Lugovskoi.
The EOS is a flexible and smoothly functioning organisation and collaborates with four daugthter societies: The Estonian Arthroscopy and Sport Medicine Society (www.artroskoopia.ee), the AO Alumni Association Estonian Chapter (www.aoalumni.ee), Estonian Arthroplasty Society and the Estonian Society of Hand Surgeons, as well as we have good cooperation with the Estonian Osteoporosis Society (www.osteoporoos.ee) and the Estonian Orthopaedic Nurses Society (www.eoos.ee).
- 59th NOF Congress - 2018 - Iceland
- 60th NOF Congress - 2020 - Norway
- NOF Congresses