Netherlands Orthopaedic Association / Nederlandse Orthopaedische Vereniging (NOV)
The Netherlands Orthopaedic Association (NOV) has a clear Mission Statement:
- To look after the interests of patients, of members (orthopaedic surgeons) and of the profession as a whole
- To ensure that patients and orthopaedic surgeons are able to take full advantage of the opportunities existing within the field of orthopaedics
- To guarantee the prompt availability of sufficient professionally competent orthopaedists
- To guarantee the quality and efficiency of orthopaedic care in The Netherlands
- To maintain a good level of contact with the relevant scientific, political and social stakeholders essential to the field of orthopaedics.
The NOV was founded in 1898 and has 1450 members i.e. 700 active orthopaedic surgeons, 110 retired surgeons, 260 residents and also extra-ordinary members (non orthopaedic surgeons). Each year three General Assemblies are organized, in January, May and October.
Committees and Working Groups advise the Board on her policy and activities. The goals, objectives and the action programmes are all subordinate to the Mission Statement of the Association. That is the test framework for all present and future policy resolutions.
The NOV publishes the Netherlands Journal of Orthopaedics (Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Orthopedie, 4 issues/year) and participates in the Acta Orthopaedica.
Prof. Rob (R.G.H.H.) Nelissen, MD, PhD, President
Hans André (H.A.) Schuppers, MD, Vice President
Anouk (A.M.E.) Giesberts, MD, Secretary General
Bart (H.W.B.) Schreuder, MD, PhD, Treasurer
Taco (T.) Gosens, MD, PhD, Scientific Secretary
Bart (B.J.) Burger, MD, PhD
Paul (P.E.) Zollinger, MD, PhD
Nederlandse Orthopaedische Vereniging (NOV)
Chris (R.) van der Togt, MSc, managing director
5232 AC 's Hertogenbosch
+31 (73) 700 3410
+31 (73) 700 3419
- 59th NOF Congress - 2018 - Iceland
- 60th NOF Congress - 2020 - Norway
- NOF Congresses