Quality of care
Modern clinical guidelines identify, summarize and evaluate the highest quality evidence and the most current data on prevention, diagnosis, prognosis, therapy including drug dosage, risk / benefit and cost-effectiveness.
One of the main goals of the NOF (Strategic Plan 2010) is a better quality of care for our patients. To achieve this, the NOF wants to collect, combine and exchange (evidence based) guidelines from each individual country for common use.
International sources for clinical guidelines
- NICE clinical guidelines (United Kingdom)
- NICE clinical guidelines (United Kingdom); musculoskeletal
- NICE clinical guidelines (United Kingdom); injuries, accidents & wounds
- TRIP database: a meta-search engine covering 150 health resources including MEDLINE, The Cochrane Library and a variety of other guidelines
- Orthoevidence Team @ McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
- Clinical Practice Guidelines (USA)